View previous topic :: View next topic  
OhDaz

re: Rogue Healing OR Angry at floors

Link to the build is in the Reply.

WHY OH WHY DEAR GOD DID YOU PICK TACTICIAN AND NOT FULL PHYSICIAN?

It's simple really, I've tested both speccs. This specc scales better than 61 physician and brings more HoTs to the table to slip into your rotation since you'll barely be using your 5 points on single target healing.

With the new patch and nerf to tactician this specc scales SLIGHTLY worse than 61 physician, but if you have the HoTs ticking you'll still do more overall healing and you gain power core etc from tactician so this is superior still.

The playstyle of rogue healing is best compared to mage healing. You can swap from AoE to ST in a GCD and you have constant heals ticking over the raid. You also get the 10% debuff on enemies so you give a lovely dps boost. The downside? You aren't going to do damage like a mage, but you're not a DPS amirite?

Also your HoTs stack with other rogue's so there's no HPS loss for bringing along more than one, however please stay DPS, I am only true rogue healer.

BUT WHAT AM I LOSING OUT ON?

Not much.

Precise Diagnosis (Instant 5 combo points) I used this very rarely, just to keep the points there after I used a finisher and then I never needed to use a 2nd finisher.

Massive Therapy (Huge instant 5point finisher) Overall healing I'm losing 1-2k using Maintenance over this, but I rarely use maintenance either. So kinda pointless.

Supportice Care (Shield on target every cast) Okay okay this is a fairly nice ability, but it's 1.5k shield that only absorbs 50% damage, this means it's gone instantly anyways and did I mention this build scales better anyways?! I did.

Intensive Care (50% healing on builders and finishers) You get another increase healing button anyways, not as good, but oh well. I don't use panic buttons that much.

Life Insurance (Panic shield for 10kish that restores 50% life on IF they gain a killing blow) Well what tank is gunna get a killing blow in raids? None.

Some endurance from bard off soul or riftstalker soul. WHO NEEDS HEALTH? I DON'T.

Overall pretty lackluster end tier abilities. None are needed and don't make up for what you get.

Now the abilities you use! (Ammounts based on my current gear)

Physician

Active Treatment - Restores 2.9 - 3.2k health, awards 1 combo points, instant cast. Small heal for on the move.

Casual Treatment - Restores 9k - 10k, awards 2 combo points, 1.5 second cast. This is your spam heal.

Expectant Treatment - Absorbs 5k damage, lasts 10 seconds, awards 1 combo point. Instant cast. This is in my spam macro for when moving.

Maintenance Therapy - Finisher (5pnts) 8.5k heal + 3k HoT 6 seconds. Instant cast. This is your ST finisher.

Group Therapy - Finisher (5pnts) 5.6k HoT on 10 targets 15 seconds. Instant cast. This is your AoE Finisher.

Preemptive Therapy - Finisher (5pnts) absorbs 8k damage, lasts 15 seconds. Instant cast. This is at best used pre pull, but isn't very good, used rarely.

Urgent Care - Restores 8-9k, no combo points, instant cast. This is your spot heal.

Emergency Response - Your HOT DAMN button Restores 100% of the rogues health + 4k shield. 1 minute cd.

Biofeedback - Your other HOT DAMN button.Channeled, Restores 51k hp over 5 seconds, reduces target's damage taken by 15%. Allows movement. 1 minute cd.

Adrenaline Shot - Instantly recovers 50 energy. Not used often, but can be awesome.

Detoxification - Your single target cleanse.

Mass Detox - Your AoE cleanse.

Kiss of Life - Your combat res.

Tactician

Curative Blast - Finisher (5pnts) 4.1k hp over 15 seconds to 10 people.

Curative Core - Sets up core that heals 3.6k over 15 seconds to 10 people.

Power Core - Your AWW YEAHHH button, sets up a core that debuffs nearby enemies to take 10% more damage.

Barrier Remote - 20% of max hp as shield, 1 minute cd.

Battle Remote - Increases damage and healing by 20% for 10seconds, 1 minute CD.

Buffs:

Preventative Medication - When hit gain a 1.4k absorb shield, 1 hour duration, triggered once every 20 seconds.

Simultaneous Treatment - 30% of overhealing done turns into a shield on the target (caps at 5% of rogue's max health, yes yes less endurance hurts this, but it's 5%)

Curative Engine - When hit rogue restores 770 hp, can be once every 1 second.

BUT DARRRRYLLLL WHAT ABOUT THE HEALING DOING DAMAGE ABILITIES.

Roll a mage if that's what you want. This isn't how rogues heal, but I do enjoy spamming Infernal Torrent at times.

MACRO TIME. I will do rotation after.

ST Spam

#show Expectant Treatment
suppressmacrofailures
cancelbuff alternative treatment
cast @mouseoverui Causal Treatment
cast @mouseoverui Expectant Treatment
cast @mouseoverui Active Treatment

AoE Spam

#show Expectant Treatment
suppressmacrofailures
cast [notactive] alternative treatment
cast @mouseoverui Causal Treatment
cast @mouseoverui Expectant Treatment

You don't need BOTH of these macros, you can take out the alternative treatment line from both and jsut use 1 and activate AT yourself. Personally I prefer it this way. AT costs 1 GCD to activate and turns off off GCD.

ST Finisher

#show Maintenance Therapy
suppressmacrofailures
cast @mouseoverui Maintenance Therapy

Spot Heal

#show Urgent Care
suppressmacrofailures
stopcasting
cast @mouseoverui Urgent Care

Power Core

#show power core
suppressmacrofailures
cast power core
y Power Core! Go wild!

Emergency Response

#show Emergency REsponse
suppressmacrofailures
cast @mouseoverui Emergency Response

Biofeedback

#show Biofeedback
suppressmacrofailures
cast @mouseoverui Biofeedback

Preemptive Therapy

#show Preemptive Therapy
suppressmacrofailures
cast @mouseoverui Preemptive Therapy

Combat Res (Feel free to mouseover this too. Personally I never do.)

#show Kiss of Life
suppressmacrofailures
cast Kiss of Life
raid Getting %T

ST Dispel

#show Detoxification
suppressmacrofailures
cast @mouseoverui Detoxification
cast @group01 Detoxification
cast @group02 Detoxification
cast @group03 Detoxification
cast @group04 Detoxification
cast @group05 Detoxification
cast @group06 Detoxification
cast @group07 Detoxification
cast @group08 Detoxification
cast @group09 Detoxification
cast @group10 Detoxification
cast @group11 Detoxification
cast @group12 Detoxification
cast @group13 Detoxification
cast @group14 Detoxification
cast @group15 Detoxification
cast @group16 Detoxification
cast @group17 Detoxification
cast @group18 Detoxification
cast @group19 Detoxification
cast @group20 Detoxification

Other abilities to have on bar:

Group Therapy

Adrenaline Shot

Curative Core

Curative Blast

Battle Remote

Alternative Treatment (not compulsary, but nice visual of if it's up or not)

Break Free (Or you can add it to your spam macro)

Mass Detox

Shadow Shift

And your buffs

HOW TO PLAY

My rotation: Standing still I use Curative Core -> ST/AoE Spam x 3 -> Group Therapy -> ST/AoE Spam -> Curative Blast -> Repeat

This rotation lines in perfectly so your GT and CB run out a split second before you recast, but that may be just for me with latency/FPS.

Obviously as a healer you need to be fully aware of what to use and when. You have your spot heal for throwing heals around although when Urgent Care is on CD it wont do much. Your urgent care will also heal 3 other people for 48% of the ammount.

If you're on tank healing and you're expecting heavy damage stop casting Group Therapy and Curative Blast and wait for the big hit, use your ST finisher and then carry on your rotation. If I break my rotation I always fit Curative Core back in after either Group Therapy or Curative Blast.

General AoE healing is to make sure you have GT and CB ticking just before the AoE hits and time your first heal to land a split second after the damage lands, but remember your AoE Spam is going to outshine your HoTs so if you're in the middle of huge AoE damage it may be risking a lot breaking from your spam to throw up a HoT.

Your ST dispel will prioritise who you have mouse overed incase there's an emergency otherwise it will just work through the raid and dispell as it goes.

THINGS TO PAY ATTENTION TO

Your energy, if it runs low you'll stop spamming Casual Treatment and start spamming Active Treatment which is a HUGE HPS loss, just use Adrenaline Shot and you're good to go. I have never ever been energy starved though, I barely use AS.

Your Power Core stacks with other abilities as far as I know, but wont stack with other cores and not all bards are full bard so pay attention to any other tacticians in the raid as it's fairly low down in the soul.

If you aren't using the 2 separate spam macros then keep an eye on Alternative Treatment, if you're spamming your tank with AT up you're not gunna keep him alive very long.

Please feel free to comment or ask any questions. Also can pester me in game if you wish. (Daryl or Rhawn)

Last edited by OhDaz on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:46; edited 2 times in total
Haizuron
Da Boss

Link for the spec: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#ThmG9ri8w/XheuB2FhuG8/t

have been trying out this specc for a while now. healing like crazy in warfronts, unless i get focused. but hey we are talking about pve here. works like a charm in SLE:s and today i got to try it out in IDH. feelt relaxing and it seemd to work out realy realy well. so for those who are intrested and got the soul, try this specc out. its alot of fun to play.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Da Guild Forum Index -> Rogue All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: